The ice rink here just opened up for the season. We found out when we first moved here that they offer a parent and tot skate class twice a week and Andy has been impatiently waiting! Last week, we thought it scheduled to begin and were disappointed to get there and find out we had to wait ANOTHER week. Anyway, last Thursday Daddy and Sydney dawned their snow gear and headed to the rink. I have to say I was impressed with how well Sydney did. She was probably the youngest kid there, but she held her own. She didn't last the whole hour but about 45 minutes. She loved the ice skates, the helmet, and playing on the ice. I think her frustration began when they started working on actually skating and the other kids were having a lot easier time than her. After about 15 minutes of trying to skate with a skate aid, they called it a day so that she wouldn't get too frustrated. I'm so proud of her for getting out on the ice, not being sad or scared when she fell, and learning so quickly how to stand back up. We are planning on taking her regularly and just leaving when she gets frustrated or they move past her capabilities until her motor dexterity catches up with the older kids. I'm not sure her muscles are even capable of the balance actual skating requires at this point. Anyway, you can tell from the pictures she enjoyed it a lot for the most part and she talks about it a lot, so we are excited to take her again!
I realize I took this sideways :/....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment