Daily Messages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Bye, Bye Binky


For a few weeks we've been preparing for the retiring of the binky. Sydney has been chewing holes in them ever since her two year molars came through. We have been going through about one binky a week. Luckily we had a lot and each time the hole went through, we'd go throw it away. This past week we were on our last binky and I prepared Sydney by telling her there wouldn't be anymore. Everyday we looked at the binky and the hole getting bigger. By the time the binky was ready to be thrown away, she was very used to the idea. I was gonna let her have it one more night, but right before bed she said, "Can we just throw it away right now?" So we did. I let her watch me take the garbage bag outside to the can and she hasn't asked about it since. Its been three days. It seems to take her a little longer to go to sleep but not bad. She's getting so grown up!

5 comments:

  1. She is such a big girl! That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was easy! Great job Sydney!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great! Isaiah is 21 months and I am dreading when that day comes, he loves his binks so much right now. I told my husband he can have it til 3 but he thinks thats too long, what do you think?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Syd just turned three. I don't think three is too lodn but i guess its different for every child. Syd only had it at night and it definetely wasn't affecting her speech development.

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month