Daily Messages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Herbert Glacier Bike Ride

Last Tuesday, I took Sydney on a bike ride with some other ladies we know on the Herbert Glacier Trail. It was our first time using the bike trailer since we have been up in Juneau. I was too nervous to try it with both Sydney and Wynn in the trailer on such a long ride because they don't do so well in close quarters together. Sydney doesn't appreciate Wynn always wanting to touch her when she's within reach so much.... Anyway, Daddy and a friend helped watch Wynn while we were gone. I really appreciated Andy getting the bike and trailer all fixed up and running well that morning before we left. I could just barely fit everything in my car and we had to take Wynn's car seat out to make it work, so we'll have to find a way to carry everything if we ever want to go as a family. The trail was nice and wide for most of the ride and fairly even. It felt so good to ride again. I miss training for my triathlons and getting variety to my workouts. I also could feel the result of my lack of training but enjoyed getting a different good workout up and down the trail's hills. The lake we rode to was about 4-5 miles in. We stopped and had lunch and then headed back. Sydney's favorite part was picking the blueberries around the lake with the other kids. It was nice to get out and do something different and I think Sydney really enjoyed the alone time we got to spend together on the drive out there and along the trail. Hopefully, we'll get a few more rides in this summer while we still can :D!\




1 comment:

  1. Wait to go Amy!! You are one tough mama! And, Hooray for girl time!

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month