Daily Messages

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Talent Show

I didn't think she'd want to participate so I didn't even ask Sydney about it when the school sent home a flyer for the end of year talent show. Then a few days later she asked if I thought she could play a song on the piano for the talent show. Of course! We got to work right away on learning a song. She chose Twinkle Twinkle since she taught herself the right hand already on the piano. She is proving to have a really good ear for just hearing a song and figuring out how to play it. She has learned, 'When You Wish Upon a Star,' just by teaching herself and listening to it as well. We had not quite gotten to both hands playing at the same time, but a few more lessons and she had that down too. She worked very hard that last few weeks to get her song all polished up and keep her rhythm. I was very proud of her motivation and willingness to work hard. Today at the school, when I saw how many people were there and all the students from the school, I was so nervous for her, I couldn't imagine how she felt. She showed me though and performed very well. She even had some of the kids in the audience singing along! I have learned that I shouldn't assume anything for my kids and that she is an even more brave girl that I thought. We are very proud of Sydney and her ability to take on a challenge, work at it, and then enjoy her success. Good job Sydney!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews last month