Wednesday, September 29, 2010
18 months
Sydney turned 18 months last Tuesday, which meant that we went to the doctor today for her 18 month checkup and vaccinations. This morning I tried to prepare her since she is more aware of strangers and people touching her now than when she was younger. She's developed a pretty strong sense of personal space lately. This morning, we talked about her Elmo video where Elmo goes to see the doctor and how the doctor had to make sure Elmo was health and happy. I told her the doctor would listen to her heart and look at her eyes and ears. She seemed excited about the whole thing and was talking to herself about doctors and Elmo all morning. However, when we actually got in the room she started to freak out a little bit. She liked the doctor to talk to her and he even played with her a little, but as soon as he wanted to touch her she lost it. Sydney doesn't like people she doesn't know to get to close to her, especially touch her. She just starts saying, "No, no no no no," louder and louder until they listen or she pushes them away. Anyway I'm pretty sure he couldn't really hear her heart or lungs. We got through it though. She remains a steady just below average as far as size. She's in the 40th percentile for height and weight. She weighed in at 24 lbs, and abt 31 1/2 in tall. She didn't like the nurse to measure her so that may be off by a little bit. Her head circumference was proportional to the 40th percentile too although I didn't get the number. She tolerated the shots as I expected. She cried when she got them and then calmed down when she saw her Hello Kitty bandaids :). Hopefully we won't have any reactions because we've had some fever and real fussiness in the past. On the way home though, we talked about how she went to the doctor, was brave, and how the doctor helped her to be healthy. She was happy again so overall I'm pretty pleased :). We'll see if she remembers when we go back in a few months...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment