Today was a fun day and as I was winding down after putting Sydney to bed, I just had to post and say how much I love Mama Shinsel. Today she helped me with a last minute dinner, forgetting all manners and etiquette (which makes life SO stress free and I love it), helped me sew a makeshift Minnie Mouse hat for Sydney's Halloween costume, made me laugh at least 10 times, took me to run an errand I forgot last minute, laughed at me (in a good way), played with Sydney, danced with Sydney, watched TV with Sydney and made what otherwise would have been a boring lonely night so much better :). I can't say enough how I couldn't have picked a better mother in law. She is awesomely good at giving advice without being too pushy or nosey. She knows how to give her opinion but support whatever decision you make. She is immensely positive about everything we decide to do and sees the good in every decision. She is one of the best friends I've ever had. The day we move away from La Grande, not having her around to laugh with, randomly do crazy things with, and just relax with will be a really hard thing to do. I adore how much Sydney loves 'Gramma' and wakes up every morning, runs to the door and says "Gramma house". She knows grandma loves her, wants to play with her, will make time to play with her, and is willing to do silly things that Sydney likes to have fun. So here's to mama shinsel and what an awesome friend and mom she is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh Amy,
ReplyDeleteYou made me cry. You are much too kind. I guess I am just naturally a crazy lady. I think I get it from my mother, because she too was a crazy lady. You would have loved her. She always made us laugh when we went to visit her.
Life is just so short. We need to love and life to get through it.
I don't even want to talk about when you leave! I feel so blessed to have the wonderful family I do. Thank you for your love! I love you too!
I got teary too and it wasn't even about me! I agree whole heartedly and it makes me wish we lived closer. Being away from both grandmas is just no fun at all!
ReplyDeleteDitto to what both Amys have said! We soooo lucked out with a great MIL and grandma to the kiddos.
ReplyDeleteOk, I am crying too and she's not even my mother in law, however she is my aunt and I love her dearly! You girls are lucky to have her as she is to have all of you :-)
ReplyDelete