Daily Messages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Before I forget...

For those of you who don't see Sydney very often, she is a chatterbox. She surprised me today particularly with some new feats. I'll explain... about a month ago Andy started teaching her ot say four syllable words instead of just saying like the end of a long word (Example instead of 'roni' to say 'macaroni') In the past two weeks or so she really has that down. Off the top of my head her longest words are 'helicopper,' 'alligator,' and 'macaroni.' She also regularly uses two three and even sometimes four word sentences. When I was at the doctor he asked me for examples of her sentences and at the time I could only remember like two, but now I've time to remember. 'I did it' 'dada work' '(the most common) 'go outside play' 'sydie (what she calls herself) get it' 'mama help please' 'airplane in the sky.' Anyway back to the original reason for my post... I didn't want to forget a few things she did this morning. I was organizing her clothes and switching out summer for fall so she was playing and watching "Ariel's Beginning" I sat down to watch a dancing scene with her and she suddenly sits up, looks at me and says "Shake your booty!" and dances around. HAHA.... I blame Andy and Grandma for this because they are the ones who taught her to dance and say that. However it was really funny to me that she connected the dancing on her show to the phrase. Then when we got ready to go the store I told her to get her shoes on so we could leave and she got all excited ran to the TV and said "Mama, pause it." I didn't know she knew what pause meant. I know I've asked Andy to pause it with her around; I guess she understood. Finally after eating lunch with Andy at work we got in the car and she kept saying a word I couldn't understand then I realized she was saying 'Sydie, mirror,' since she could see herself in the mirror. Another word for my list!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, shake your bootie, that's great. She is at one of my favorite ages, they seem to learn so many new things and surprise you each day. Enjoy every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month