Daily Messages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Mom's Visit

My mom was able to come see us here in Juneau this year. It was a really fun trip. Andy had to work a fair amount of the time she was here; it was nice to get a lot of mother daughter time. Sydney was in heaven with Grandma here for a whole week especially since she stayed out our house. After she left, Sydney was a little upset when we moved the futon out of Wynn's room and started putting him to sleep in there. She said, "But Mom! That's Grandma's room." Sydney always loves the toys Grandma brings her to play with and has been wanted to have ice cream parties during her "quiet" time almost every day since. We were able to get in some good outdoor walks, go swimming, eat yummy food, and go on a whale watching tour too while she was here. Wynn took to Grandma right away and didn't spare any smiles for her. Somehow I think babies know who their grandmas are because Wynn gets usually gets anxious around people he isn't familiar with, but he was a smiley, happy baby for Grandma right from the start. Andy and I were very grateful that Grandma stayed home with the kids while we went on two dates while she was here as well :D! We don't get many of those anymore. For the coldest, wettest May in eight years, I still think we had a great time and got to see some pretty stuff. Now that its warming and drying up we've been getting out even more too, so we'll have more places to show Grandma and others next time they come to visit. Thanks for coming Mom. We love you!













2 comments:

  1. That is so nice that your mom got to come spend time with you guys!
    It is hard for kids to understand why grandparents can't be there all the time.
    Can't wait for a turn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big Wynn is getting! I think it's hard for moms to understand why grandmas can't be there all the time too. I know I don't! :)

    What ice cream toy is that? Mya is obsessed with all things ice cream and it looks like it might make a fun birthday present.

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month