Daily Messages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Returns

As with always in Juneau, the warm weather and sunshine comes and goes -  more goes than comes :D. But with the return of the warmer weather and Wynn getting older, we've been getting out again. We recently added this new toy for them in our backyard and its been a hit.

Below is our excursion to North Bridget Cove. We've found quite a few trails now that start in the woods, have planks to cross the marshy muskeg, and then stairs down the steep drop offs to the beach. Its fascinating to see the rapid change in vegetation here from mountain forest to ocean.



This beach is called Minnie Field beach. I dream of owning one of these beachfront properties! Its also one of the first beaches we've found with regular waves. It must just be in the ideal position for the waves to make it in all the way from the open ocean.

 Also with summer time... comes the bears! I think I've already seen five or six this year. Two today alone... They aren't afraid of cars or people and seem to love sitting right next to the road, however we always remember and teach the kids that they ARE dangerous and kinda scary in my opinion.

I've been hiking regularly with my friend Liz and another women's hiking group here. There are tons of trails I still need to check off my list, but its so fun to keep trying to places and finding new views several times a week.

This particular trail, West Glacier, was interesting since they installed a rail to help people scale the rocky steep mountainside.

Wynn is such a patient sweet boy. When we are hiking and he gets tired, I just turn him around and he falls asleep. Its not this longest nap, but he likes to be out in the trees and loves to look up at the canopy as we walk along.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews last month